Positive Presence Foundation, the nonprofit arm of Positive Presence Global, North America’s largest life coaching company for teenagers & young adults, launches Disaster Relief to ease the mental health impact of Natural Disasters.
Natural disasters are responsible for 60,000 deaths worldwide annually. Imagine waking up one morning to an earthquake completely demolishing your home and your community – how would you rebuild physically, mentally and emotionally?
Man-made disasters are just as prevalent in today’s society as well. In 2019, there were over 400 mass shootings, injuring and/or killing over 2,000 people.
How do you learn to cope with an event like this in your community?
Positive Presence Foundation’s vision and mission is to intervene during times of destruction (natural or man-made) and help mitigate the impending negative effects on the people and communities of those affected areas. By providing tools, resources and a professional support team, we help in rebuilding not only the community, but also the people and families impacted.
In the aftermath of a disaster – our Relief Team sprints into action with:
- Specialized mentors that offer complimentary, personalized one-on-one support to teenagers & young adults on-site, minimizing the mental health impacts of the crisis
- Light-leaders that focus on handing out basic supplies and care packages to families
- Volunteers that help with clean up, rebuilding and organizing support
Disaster Relief is our newest service and is only one of our four pillars of support we offer through Positive Presence Foundation. Being the newest initiative, we have a lot of work to do to launch this much needed support. Our 2020 / 2021 goals are as follows:
- Send a press release to the Mayor of every city around the country informing them of the services we provide.
- Develop Basic Need Care Packages and Creative Care Packages to hand-deliver to children and families in need immediately following a disaster.
- Develop a Disaster Training Program that our mentor coaches can get certified in allowing them to provide one-on-one support to teens and young adults on site impacted by the disaster. These teams of coaches will be equipped with necessary knowledge and resources to best care for those affected.
- Develop partnerships with Heart to Heart International and Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).
So how can you help? We are always looking for volunteers, donations & sponsorships!
- We’d love to welcome anyone looking to find a higher purpose to volunteer with our Disaster Relief Committee and join our team. Volunteers are needed for: mentorship and on-site support, distributing care packages, and boots-to-pavement type clean-up efforts. Follow this link to our Volunteer Application to start making a difference today!
- We aim to fundraise $100,000 next year to help provide our one-of-a-kind services to these communities. Any and all donations are truly appreciated! Donate here.
- Items to donate: journals, pens, colored pencils, coloring books, children’s books, board games, puzzles, stress balls, fidget spinners – to coordinate donation efforts, please email Cheyanne Peters at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you or anyone you know is interested in pledging to positively impact and give back to our communities annually by becoming a sponsor, please email our Disaster Relief Chair, Cheyanne Peters, at email@example.com.
Positive Presence Foundation is a 501c3 nonprofit that exists to provide life-changing and life-saving mentorship to vulnerable young adults ages 15-28 in disaster zones, underserved communities and struggling families.
To learn more about Positive Presence Foundation and our other three pillars of support – please visit www.positivepresencefoundation.org.